<$BlogRSDUrl$>

9.23.2003

I have just read the transcript of the taped statement Kirstin Lobato gave to the police the day she was arrested. The prosecutors called it a confession.

Though I have heard both the defense and prosecution use parts of that statement to bolster their respective cases, I waited to read it until I reached the point in the trial that the jury was introduced to it, so that I could understand the jury's experience a little more specifically. To be honest, my expectation was that I would hear some things that strongly supported both perspectives being offered by the two sides.

I was wrong.

Kirstin's statement, which I will never refer to as a confession again, goes to the defense hands down. You'd better believe there will be more on this later.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?